Food & Drink
Asparagus, Tomato and Feta Salad with Balsamic VinaigretteRETURN TO FOOD & DRINK
- 6 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus (preferably medium thickness), tough ends trimmed, remaining diced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (10.5 oz) pkg. grape tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (scant 1 cup)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile prepare vinaigrette - add vinegar to a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Pour into a jar or bowl, add olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, garlic and whisk to blend while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add asparagus to boiling water and allow to boil until tender crisp, about 4 - 5 minutes. Meanwhile fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and cold water. Drain and immediately transfer asparagus to ice water, let rest about 10 seconds then drain asparagus well. Transfer to a bowl with tomatoes and walnuts. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and toss lightly. Sprinkle over half of the feta then plate and top with remaining feta (just so the feta doesn't brown from tossing with all the dressing).
Source: Cooking Classy - http://www.cookingclassy.com/2016/03/asparagus-tomato-feta-salad-balsamic-vinaigrette/